Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 2

I so wish these were consecutive days, but unfortunately no. I went through my things in my room and Front Room/Entry way yesterday. Can I just tell you that I have a sick addiction to collecting those reusable bags they sale you at every grocery store around. Most of them are cute but there are some that are just not and for some reason I had them all hung separately on my coat hooks in the Entry way. It doesn't make any sense, I know.

Anyway, the entry way was not bad. We have a table cleared of EVERYTHING, a small table for our keys, a wedding picture and our Scentsy, and the piano with a few too many pictures displayed but I'm working on narrowing it down. The hardest thing in this room is all of the sheet music. I honestly don't practice piano very often and probably use 10% of the books but it's hard to part with them. As you can see the basket is bursting at the seams...literally, so it must be done! The basket is only 1/2 full (or 1/2 empty is probably a more minimalist view). Needless to say it looks much better now.
Well, I narrowed the wall decor down to 3 pictures, a huge star and some candles. I think I'll keep them all. Plus...the coat hook looks mucho better-o now that the reusable bag collection is in the secret compartment of my trunk!
My wardrobe now includes
-6 pair of pants
-8 shirts
-2 skirts
-2 dresses
-11 pairs of shoes (help me!)
-14 pairs of socks (incl. summer and winter)
-4 pajamas/lounge/exercise outfits

It honestly feels great to know all the clothes in my closet fit well and are in good repair. It's like a breathe of fresh air when I chose my outfit today. Amazing.

I have only done a few areas of my home/life and I already feel 1,000 times better.

No comments:

Post a Comment